Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, September 2, 2012

STRESS IS THE NUMBER 1 KILLER

Welcome to my blog. And no, I don't mean to scare you and I certainly don't mean to sound threatening. It's just that more and more I am realising that finding ways to minimise (or even minimize) the effects of stress is probably our number one health challenge.

Yes, we have to watch what we eat and we especially need to be careful about what our children are eating. I'm not just referring to the epidemic of early onset Diabetes 2. I'm also talking about the lethal combination of too much fat with too little walking to the shops and practically no sport.

Apart from eating more wisely and having at least twenty minutes a day of some sort of enjoyable exercise - cos let's face it. There's no point being healthy if you don't enjoy yourself. But even if the exercise and diet regimen of most of us was wonderful, there is a secret killer lurking everywhere.

STRESS
Stress is now linked with physical illness, not just emotional disturbances.

On the world’s #1 health website Mercola.com you can read Dr Joseph Mercola’s assessment of stress and its role in so many physical illnesses. To quote him briefly:

As a physician I have treated tens of thousands of chronically ill patients at my clinic, The Optimal Wellness Center, and more than any bad dietary or lifestyle habit the number one cause of illness has been stress.” (emphasis mine)

One of the simplest and most pleasurable ways to reduce the impact of stress on your body, your mind and your spirit, is to spend some 'alone time' meditating. Yes, I know that can be difficult to build into your busy day. But isn't that precisely why you should? I've been meditating for years but recently I discovered a foolproof way to get all the benefits of meditation even when I'm so busy I don't feel like it. I simply sit down, put on my stereo headphones and listen to my Insight CD. I won't bother to go into all the technical reasons why this works. Suffice to say that it's based on the getting-to-be-famous binaural beat technology. It sells for about 1/40 the price of the Holosync program. Having tried both, I stay with Insight CD but not just because of its price. Please consider visiting The Immrama Institute for more details, especially about the harmonically layered frequencies.
For now, be well and I'll be back with more tips on keeping cool and calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment